enjoy!

enjoy!

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Winter Winter in Illinois_ sharing Ice lemon Bars-Peanut Butter Cookies

Its morning here at my house, the dogs are snoring or should I say Abbie is Sally doesn't snore..
At least I never heard her.



Might I also add its snowing lightly again, it always looks so pretty. We haven't hardly had any snow YET this winter, I'm sure we will make up for it by the time the season is over.



 As I'm typing I hear a blue jay screaming..  I put peanuts and corn out the other day under the arbor and that always attracts them. I don't know how they know but they do every time..
I managed to get a couple of photos they don't sit for long and are hard to capture you have to be 
quick.









 

How about this guy he was looking in at us, a hawk we call his Mr.T.
 


 
So much going on a few high lights the past couple of days. My youngest sister is finally a Grand Ma and  I became a Great Aunt again, my Nephew and his wife had a baby girl. We were all so excited over Baby Scarlette being born.. The absolute cutest baby, it was so exciting to see her minutes after she was born through modern technology. They shared with all of there family and friends  her photo on FB..




Look's Cold doesn't it..


Here I'm doing a test with my recipes I posted a while ago. I sent them into a group I belong to and Aletha saved them in a program she made. I copied them and pasted them into my page in my Blog to see how it would turn out.

Iced Lemon Bars

By Diane





2 cups (252 grams) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 oz (228 grams) unsalted butter, cut into chunks
4 large eggs
1 ½ cups (294 grams) granulated sugar
6 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons (31 grams) flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9 inch metal pan with non-stick foil or parchment paper.

Combine the flour, powdered sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse to mix. Add the butter and pulse until mixture is coarse and crumbly. Measure out 1 cup of crumbs and set aside.

Pour remaining crumbs into prepared pan and press them down slightly (they’ll be very dry). Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, mix the filling. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl. Whisk in sugar, lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of flour and baking powder. Spread over top of baked crust. Sprinkle reserved cup of crumbs over top. Bake on center rack for 20 to 25 minutes.

Let cool completely. Lift from pan and set on a cutting board. Drizzle cooled bars with glazed (below). Let the glaze set then cut into 36 bars (or however many you want).

Glaze:
2 teaspoons butter
2/3 cup powdered sugar
4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add the sugar and stir until thick and pasty. Add the lemon juice 1 teaspoon at a time and stir until smooth and a drizzling consistency. You may drizzle it onto the squares or put it in a bag, snip off the corner and pipe it on

Peanut Butter Cookies




By Diane


INGREDIENTS;

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup butter or margarine softened
1 egg
1 1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

1 Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
2 Heat oven to 375ºF.
3 Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped into sugar.
4 Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.


Until Next Time!













No comments:

Post a Comment