enjoy!

enjoy!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Our Christmas Trip to Down Town & Kolachies




OK Here Goes

We all or I should say Cindy decided at the last minute to take our trip to see the decorations a week ahead of what we had planned and that was fine with me.. The weather was perfect.. Its Chicago in Winter and you just never know.. I loved seeing the decorations although I cant say I didn't even bother to look at the Kriss Kringle Market. I didn't need another ornament and it wasn't cold enough to buy a scarf, hat,  gloves or beer mug although everything looked adorable..  We did buy Hot Chocolate in the signature mug it was delicious.. We also had a brat with mustard! So good..
We drove all the way down there I thought what the heck why not.. so we parked about a block away, not bad it was worth the money to me..


That's a first sigh we are getting close Chicago at night..
Taken with my cell phone thank god I didn't drop it out the window..
We love our trips down town, all of us do.. I thought after we moved that would be it because we always took the L but here we are driving. we are crazy..
Thanks To Cindy our driver..


Chicago theater on State Street 
I actually went to that theater over 50 years ago.


We arrived isn't it beautiful, that's the famous tree in Daley Plaza.


Just one of the many trees with white lights, all decked out for the holidays.



Special buses waiting to take people out to Navy Pier.


People going for a buggy ride.


Some of the stands at the market, they were filled with goodies and people.


Yes that's it the Picasso at Daley plaza.
Chicago is just so special all the time thanks to the late Mayor Daley's
 They made this city into a super awesome place to visit.


Our  Beautiful Megan drinking Hot Chocolate in the special mug.
I couldent believe how delicious it was.


We are heading over to Macy's now to check out the decorations there.



Unfortunately that is sad part of the experience of the big city..



Our Beautiful Brittney posing in Macy's.
She met us down there, so glad she was able to be with us.





Playing Christmas music for change..
Sorry most of the photos were taken with my cell phone
The super clear ones are from Cindy's camera.

That's my beautiful Cindy taking a picture of me, taking a picture of her,
 and Megan taking a picture of Julie and Brittney..
I know we are crazy.. but we have fun..



Another shot of that awesome tree at Macy's


The decorations in Macy's were amazing, they wont let you down..


Couldn't leave with out a photo of a very important area..


Of course I had to buy Garrett's Carmel corn with pecans.
I have been buying it ever since I worked down town in the 1950s..


The girls on the way home after a fun filled night.



Thanks For Looking 
Hope you seen something you liked.



That's All Until Next Time.


No comments:

Post a Comment