enjoy!

enjoy!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Welcome to the day after the great Christmas celebrations.
 
 
Say good by to the tree for this year I will be taking it down this week.
We really enjoyed its beauty, the girls did a great job decorating it.
Right now as I type into my Blog.
I m actually taking a break from working..
 I put all the decorations I had all over the house away today except the big tree.
 I brought all the inside things in and Steve and my son in law Bill, helped by taking down the wreaths out side on Christmas Day. befor they left to go home...
This morning I brought all the rest of the out side decorations  in, and packed it all away for another year.
We had a different kind of Christmas this year they all liked it so we will probably do it again. instead of the typical sit down we had tapas of course I had to get my prime rib in there. I love it for Christmas dinner.
Here are a few of the other goodies we had.
 
Ham & Cheese on Hawaiian rolls with a special sauce not to bad but salty.

 
Italian seasoned cocktail meatballs, with my special sauce.
orange marmalade, chili sauce and grape jelly.
sounds crazy but pretty good

 
smoked sausages cut in bite size pieces sautéed
 

Cindy getting ready to put her bacon wrapped dates
 stuffed with cheese in the oven.
 
Then I added orange marmalade and BBQ sauce
 YUMMM good..
 
Salsa and chips, I love salsa and chips..
 

 
We had Lot's more goodies!
 I don't know who took pictures of everything but this is what I took.
Megan made the most amazing egg nog cup cakes
 Brittney made her famous spinage and cheese pin wheels, we also had roasted veggie dip and delicious stuffed mushrooms.
Liz brought the fudge and special peanut brittle.
Everything was outstanding.
 

No snow this year, which seemed odd but wasn't missed. actually its snowing now.. but it sure was cold and windy out there this morning  while I was gathering it all up and brought it into the garage..
I was just about finished up for the day and Megan, Steve, Liz and Julie stopped they decided to go to get lunch so it was a nice break.
We had a fun, busy, exhausting, time.. the past few days. I don't know in what order but that sounds good enough for me. Our grand daughter Brittney wasn't able to come she has been down with the flu and now our Daughter has it that's not good I just hope the rest of us don't get it.

 leading up to Christmas.  We went to church for the children's Christmas performance it was so cute we sure did enjoy it.. Besides going to the beauty shop and grocery shopping. Cooking making lots of goodies for Christmas Day. The neighbor loaded me down, like she always does they are the super best we are lucky to have such great caring neighbors.

 
Say good buy to all the pretty lights until next year
I will miss them but not the clutter.
Here are a few.


 
 
 

 

A gift from my neighbor
Last a photo of Sally and Abbie enjoying there Christmas Present from Brittney
 befor they got into battle over what one they want..
We had to take them away until today, no problem today..
Say Good Bye to the man in the Red Suit.
 
Thanks For Looking.
Diane 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment