enjoy!

enjoy!

Monday, November 12, 2012

A few Photos and Peanut Butter Fudge Treats

Its been a few days since I posted so I will try to finish one today, if not Ill finish it tomorrow.

OK sorry now its a few more days added to the list.


We haven't been out and about to share any fantastic photos lately, so you will just have to see the few around here.. Sorry I have to do catch up around the old home stead before winter sets in.

We did manage to take a ride over to a park to see if the leaves that were still green on the tree were golden yet and they were gone except these.



I cant get enough of those fall colors they are amazing.. 
A little dark but no sun it definitely makes the difference.


The one above is of the cardinal hanging out in the bird feeder.


Sharing some of my dried preserved hydrangeas, the top one was of flowers picked in summer.
 The  vase below in the special solution was picked in late fall.


Roses and Hydrangeas together.


One of my Christmas cactus's is about ready to bloom full force, just in time for the holidays.

I know the pot doesn't look all pretty,  I bought it that way I liked the look..



Here are a few of the plants I save over the winter in the garage. I will bring them out in spring and they will bloom all over again.  One of my many crazies I like to do over the winter month..
I trimmed them way back just in case you wondered. actually I have to get out there and turn them all around and water them for another week.


I know your wondering what's that, its called a shelf cloud and I didn't want to pass up sharing that with you..I took it this morning it didn't last long I'm just happy I was able to get it.


This one I'm calling morning lights.


I put up one of my wreaths out side for the holidays, the weather was in the 70s that day.. 
I jumped at the chance.. Today I'm going to get two more ready to hang on the lights on the garage,.


Early Dawn.


You can almost see their wings moving they are fast.






A lonesome swan enjoying the shallow murky water.


The one above I took was featured on WGN TV weather the other day, its always exciting when they post one of the photos I send them.


We call him General Tremont he never fails to stop by regularly.
I better wrap this up, I have a lot to do and cant get it done playing on the computer.

Befor I go I want to share a recipe with you since its November and Peanut Butter Month.
Here is one of my all time favorites. 


Peanut Butter Fudge Treats


Peanut Butter Fudge Krispy Treats

Peanut Butter Fudge Krispy Treats

Peanut Butter Fudge Krispy Treats

I made these bars in a 9×13-inch pan and cut the bars into 1-inch squares, although I think even those were too large.

Rice Krispy Treats


  • 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
  • 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
  • - OR -
  • 4 cups miniature marshmallows
  • 6 cups Rice Krispy Cereal (or any puffed rice cereal)
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.2. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. ( You may want to line your pan with parchment paper or waxed paper large enough to have flaps hanging over the sides. This will make it easy to pull the giant block of goodness out of the pan when it’s done. I just forgot this step. But as recorded in the comments below, some people had trouble with the wax paper sticking to the Krispie treats. A well sprayed pan might just be your best bet!) Cool. Make Peanut Butter Fudge.


Peanut Butter Fudge Krispy Treats


Peanut Butter Fudge
recipe from Alton Brown
  • 1 cup butter, plus more for greasing pan
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 pound powdered sugar
Peanut Butter Fudge Krispy Treats

Microwave butter and peanut butter for 2 minutes on high. Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes. Add vanilla and powdered sugar to peanut butter mixture and stir to combine with a wooden spoon. Pour over the Rice Krispy treats in the pan and spread evenly. Let cool in the fridge while you make the Chocolate Fudge.

Peanut Butter Fudge Krispy Treats

Easy Chocolate Fudge
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 2/3 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 2/3 cups sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups miniature marshmallows
  • 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Peanut Butter Fudge Krispy Treats

Combine butter, milk, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in marshmallows, chocolate, and vanilla,. Beat for about 1 minute, or until marshmallows melt and mixture is thoroughly combined. Pour over peanut butter fudge, spread evenly and place in the fridge to harden and cool. Cut into 1-inch pieces or smaller.

Peanut Butter Fudge Krispy Treats


Thanks for looking I hope you seen something you like..


Thats me as a teen, photo from an old friend.

Hugs From Me
Diane Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment