enjoy!

enjoy!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer Flowers & Fresh Peach Pie.


 What to do with the peaches the neighbor gave me is my dilemma for the day..
 I dont have a lot of time to play Suzie home maker, we are going out for dinner with our book club friends tonight. I want to make something with them befor Bill eats them all. (he he) sorry Bill..

I was out their watering my flowers early, now my back is killing me dragging the hoses all over the place, and wearing my camera around my neck.. I know sounds weird its me what can I say..  I even trimmed one of our conifers in the front, when it rained the other day it really showed that it needed to be trimmed, so that's what I did. First thing befor the pick up,It looks so much better.

 I think Ill go out and buy a little bird house and hang it in there, you know me when it comes to bird houses, Im the bird house queen..

Yesterday I went walking at the mall just to get out of the house and do something, also to get Bill out so he wont have to stay shut in all the time.  Now that everyone is back to school for the season.and won't be coming over all the time, like they did all summer.

 Our two friends that we always met up with at Barns are in the hospital, one is in a rehab facility for Alzheimer's, we will definately miss him, I really cant believe what happened to him one very inteligent sweet kind man, so sad for him..

Our other dear friend broke her hip. Her story is a miracle.. she was picking up leaves on the side of her house and fell. She managed to boost her self up against her house, she was screaming at everyone who drove by to no advale.  A Nun in a white habit drove by on her three wheeled bike and came to her rescue. She was there for hours and it was starting to get dark. The Nun said that was the first time she ever went that way, she always rode her bike the other way and something told her to go that way.. a great story isnt it..

So our dear friend  will be out of commission for a long time.. We sure do wish them all the best and a speedy recovery.. We are still going on Friday's. We still have a few friends their and its a good excuse to get out and do something besides work around here, dont you think.
Below are a couple of picture shares, while I was out there this morning early befor it got to hot! one thing I cant stand is the heat.. Oh dont get me wrong I love love love summer but do not like it when it get's to uncomfortable.
 While I type this blogg Im drinking coffee with crushed ice, taste pretty good never tried it at home befor.. I like it..


Here are a few picture from me..
Enjoy.


My white hydrangea finally looking good.
 I didnt think it was going to make it to hot in front all summer.
but it did.


Its official there back.


This one I got down on the ground to take a different angle.
 Im glad you didnt see that it wasent a pretty sight, me trying to get up..


He was getting ready to fly into the bush,  got him..

This is one half of my flower garden


He was kind of hanging around.
 I hope I dont find him dead out in the yard one day..
Or maby I woke him up.
Sorry if I did.


The birds really hang around the sun flowers, they have been
reblooming every year now for over 8 years.. The perfect place..


I guess you have seen enough of my flowers for today.


Last nights sun set..

Recipe Share

Fresh Peach Pie


Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 60 min

Ingredients:

1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
Double Pie Crust (your favorite recipe, or store-bought)
8 to 10 large fresh peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced
1 egg whisked with 1 Tablespoon water
course sugar for topping, optional

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, use a fork to combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and butter. Mix until crumbly.
3. Place one pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate. Scoop in one layer of peaches. Top with some of the crumbly sugar mixture. Layer more peaches and more crumbles. Continue until you've used up all of your peaches and crumbles. Top the pie with your 2nd pie crust, as desired. I cut mine into strips and created a lattice topping. If you'd like to cover the pie completely with the 2nd crust, just be sure to cut a few slits into the top crust to give that crust a chance to breathe while baking. Crimp the edges decoratively.
4. Brush the top with the egg wash, and sprinkle with coarse sugar if you wish.
5. Bake on the center rack in the oven for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours. I start checking on my pie at 45 minutes, just to make sure the crust isn't browning too quickly and all looks good. Then I check every 15 minutes until I'm satisfied that it's done. Mine took an hour and 15 minutes, and it was nice and golden brown along the crust with the peach filling bubbling a bit in the center.

 
I hope you enjoyed my blogg and found something you liked.
Like I always say
Im not perfect so dont expect me to be.
Hugs From Me








2 comments:

  1. Your garden is a picture Diane and your photographs are a delight.
    Sorry about your friend - yes it it funny how people change plans and suddenly they know why. So glad the Nun was able to help your friend. I wish your friend a speedy recovery.

    You may be the Birdhouse Queen but I think I am the coffee mug Queen and I love your blue mug with the poppies. Your recipe sounds divine.

    Love and hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a very nice blog the flowers look great and I will have some peach pie, love peach pie.

    ReplyDelete