enjoy!

enjoy!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Happy 50th Anniversary Bill and I!

A  little bit about our 50 year story!


Happy 50Th Anniversary to Me and my Guy...


We have been so so lucky we had a great 50 years together as man and wife.

No bumps or blips at least not to many, which is rare now a days..

Above photos were taken out side our back door this morning
 Beautiful just like our life together has been.


It started out here.


1827 Harlem in Riverside
that address only lasted a short while.


This is where we spent the first year of our marrage
1706 W Washington  Petersburg Virginia

 Bill got called back to the army for 11 months.
It was called the Berlin crisis.
Thats where I grew up and learned how to put a nipple on a baby bottle and cook!!
The girl living across the hall who's husband was also in the army taught me.
When I came home from the hospital.

We lived on the second floor, there was three little apartnments up their.
The owners lived on the first floor,roaches every where. ICK..
Living in Virginia and being in the army is something I will never forget.
What an experience that year was, I got pregnent with our little bundle of joy..
Cindy was three days old in  her first of many photos.
Our neighbor Aldareta (they were from Gailsburg Il) I dont know what ever happened to them. She took the picture with her camera and had it developed to give to us befor we went home back to Illinois.
I dont know how we made it this far Us knowing nothing about anything..
But we did..

After Bills stint in the army we came home Cindy  was three weeks old.
Bills unit was sent back to Ill and released.
So happy about that.
 The 18 hour ride home is another story all on its own...
At least I didnt have the neighbor in the next apartnment screaming shut that baby up and feed it..
In the middle of the night..
LOL


When we came back we moved in my parents house 6107 s Mayfield.
 We lived in the basement for the next year.
The place where Bill worked had to hold his job for him so we were lucky about that.


We wanted to have real rooms with furnature  not two rooms and a bathroom in the basement
so we moved to Summit Il.
I cant remember the address, I think I was still in shock
moving, babie my head was spinning, its me what can I say.

 My best friend Ruthie moved to the next street over with her new husband Eddie,
Back when we lived in Summit.
 We were High School friends from Chicago and still friends to this day.
That move lasted another year.

Then.
We moved back to Mayfield to help out my parents.
 Adventually buying there house and stayed there for 43 years.
Many good times in that big old house.
With family and friends, and many good neighbors all around us over the years.
Living in the big city has its benefits as does living in a small town.
Everyone if their lucky should experience both, I dont regret it one bit.


We are now settled in  our retirement home in Bourbonnais
We can actually see the sky one of our happy focal points
as I take many photos of the beautiful ever changing sky.


This one I took this morning of our beautiful Sun Rises.

In Chicago we seen buildings and airplanes that was our focal point back then.
Not complaining I loved it as well.


 We continued the good times here.
Thanks to our beautiful family and friends.

Thanks for looking we hope you enjoyed a little about our 52 years together.

And like I always say! Im not perfect so dont expect me to be
That's just not me.. What fun would that be any way.


Enjoy your life the best you can, Every day is a gift. 

Hugs From Bill and Diane














1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and this is a wonderful post - almost an address book in itself.

    Love and hugs,
    Linda.

    ReplyDelete