enjoy!

enjoy!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Home Sweet Home!
I made this little creation, I used to do a lot of that but havent had the time.  Maby some day I will get back into it..
Taking a break for now..


Hello
Hope Your Having A Wonderful Day..
As I sit here going through other blogs wondering what to say today.
I dont want to copy now that wouldent be original just get Ideas..

 I have a very busy life and not to much time to spend at the computer writing my blog like I did have,  During the fall and winter I had a lot of time then... Spring has been a super busy time. Taking care of Bill he is coming along he's home now after a long stint in the hospital and nursing home, recovering from leukemia that is in remission. But that doesn't mean he wasn't left with consequences the after effects of the chemo has been a lot worse and we sure are aware of that now.. We didnt know anything about that beforehand.. He needs care and that's my first priority. He really tries hard to do everything  but just cant right now although he is  slowly coming around. He is really in a lot of pain in his hands and feet, probably due to the shingles that he also has.. Its not all about taking care of myself and our two dogs like it was befor. 
I planted lots of flowers this spring my passion. I planned that during our long winters here in the Mid West. We also have  four tomato plants yep that's all this year. and they are doing pretty darn good "finally" we had so much rain they just really looked bad. this is the first time we ever had four and that's OK  they all have lots of blooms and each has tiny tomatoes starting! so exciting..We dont need 24 plants that was stressful just wondering what the heck to do with all those tomatoes. since you can only eat so many, and our family is not a big tomato eating family and our neighbors grow there own and we haven't been going to Barns and giving them away like we used to.  It was a lot of work for me.  I sure didnt need any more work Bill had been sick for a long time and couldn't take care of them like he used to.
Im playing hookie from Church this morning just feel like it Im in a hookie mood..


We finally made the trip this past week to visit friends at Barns we hadn't been there for almost six months. It was good to go and see some of our old friends. Nancy we hadn't seen for a long time she was off on a medical leave befor us and we weren't around when she came back she looked pretty good.So happy for her recovery she had a pretty serious brain surgery good to see her back to work. And Roger he was there with his wife Pat he has also been having medical problems and has been in the hospital and nursing home recovering now hes home and slowly coming around.

Here are a couple of pictures I took this week hope you enjoy looking at them.


Baby Squirrel discovering his new world
 sorry so blurry taken from in the house.
I didnt want to scare him away His Mom was just around the corner.
Really she was, I tried to get them together but sorry It just didnt happen..


I love cardinals they are so colorful and so skittish so its hard to capture them.


 I think hes screaming get me out of here.


This one was taken on a really hot day this week 102 guess what they are saying.

All the baby birds are gone from the nest and some one new took over the next day!
 Really amazing isnt it..


I know what is on his mind.
 He was eyeing up our planter on the deck to start building a nest.


baby Bunnie staying in the shade.
Another taken from inside looking out..



I haven't shared a recipe for a while.
I have been buying these cakes at the store and thought I would look up a recipe and share it.
They are so good YUMMM..

 Fresh Raspberry Sour Cream Crumb Cake


Cook Time:42 minutes

Ingredients

FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • Grated zest of 1 lemon
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
  • FOR THE CAKE:
  •  
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups fresh raspberries, blueberries or strawberries
  •  solo fillings from the can will work.
  • 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Preparation
  1. Preheat an oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch round springform pan.
  2. To make the crumb topping, in a small bowl, stir together the flour, granulated sugar and lemon zest. Add the melted butter and stir with a fork until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
  3. To make the cake, in a bowl, stir together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  4. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream and vanilla until well blended. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the sour cream mixture. Beat until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
  5. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Cover evenly with the raspberries. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the berries.
  6. Bake until the topping is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 38 to 42 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 20 minutes. Remove the sides of the springform pan. Dust the cake with the confectioners' sugar and serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges. Makes one 10-inch cake.

Thats Bill reading my Blog.


Thats Sally & Abbie waiting for Bill.

Like I always say dont expect me to be perfect I am not, thats just not Me..

Thanks For Looking









1 comment:

  1. Always a beautiful Blog Diane - lovely photographs and nice recipe. I really enjoy my visits here.

    ReplyDelete