enjoy!

enjoy!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Happy Memorial Day Weekend, Steak Rub For Rib Eye

<><><>
Happy Memorial Day Weekend

Blogger wont let me up load any pictures, so I have to settle for a recipe I found on the Internet. FIXED!! Thanks to Aletha  she told me to clear my files even though it dose it automatically you still need to do that and that seemed to work. Thanks Aletha again!!!

We had fog this morning I took a couple of pictures to share.







A picture of a dove in our tree.

I plan on making this today on the grill hope we like it.

  

We are supposed to be in the high 80s to day so we are looking forward to the warmer weather. Hopefully that will help dry up our grass it is almost up to my knees. I will try to get the grass cutter started after church although I have never driven the  riding mower.
That should be interesting.. Wish me luck.. Sharing a couple more photos of my Irises the bottom one I just bought from my neighbors plant sale.




My Rhododendron looking pretty good, they dont last long so had to capture it now.


And my last photo for today!
 One of my bird houses stuffed so much its coming out the bottom and sides.
Yes a bird does lives in there..




I plan on making this today on the grill hope we like it.

   


2 New York Strip Steaks
• 1 Tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
• 1 Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
• 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
• 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
• Olive Oil
Items used to make this recipe
• 1 Mixing Bowl
• Serving Platter
• Plastic Wrap
• Spatula and Fork
Recipe
1. Get out your mixing bowl and combine the four spices Montreal Steak Seasoning, light brown sugar, onion powder, and oregano. Mix them together well with a fork or a whisk.
2. Now place your steak on a serving platter or baking dish. Rub in the spices into the steaks and then place some olive oil over the rubbed in spices. Then flip the steaks over and repeat.
3. Wrap the steaks up with some plastic wrap and place them into the fridge and to marinate for at least 30 minutes. You could begin cooking them right away but if you marinate them some the flavors will really begin to take in the steak.
4. After the steaks have marinated it is time to do some grilling. Preheat the grill on high for about 10 minutes. Now when I grill I like to spread some olive oil onto the cooking grates so what ever I am cooking will not stick to the grill.
5. Grill your steak for 4 to 5 minutes on each side turning only once.

Temperatures for steaks:
Rare - 120 - 125 degrees
Medium Rare - 125-140 degrees
Medium / Medium Well - 145 - 155 degrees
Well Done - 160 degrees

Like I always Say
Don't expect me to be perfect because that's just not me..






2 comments:

  1. Oh this is nice recipe sounds really good we are having steak tomorrow on the grill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photographs are wonderful Diane - you do very well.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Love and hugs,
    Linda.

    ReplyDelete