enjoy!

enjoy!

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Visiting the State Park in March!

Cindy and I met at the State Park today to take pictures of our winter beauty still hanging around.. At the Kankakee State Park,  the Kankakee  River is frozen and the experts are thinking its going to be a big problem when it thaws, I sure hope not for a lot of reasons!!

We did take a lot of pictures Cindy took most of them I was to afraid of slipping on the Ice and snow so she held onto my camera..  Below are a few. I hope you enjoy the photos. I know we enjoyed going out there and taking them.




Yes that's Me!
 I am terrified of that suspended bridge even in the Summer when their is no Ice and Snow on it.. I crack up every time I look at that picture. I look so rediculous but thats just exactly how I felt.




Just in case you dont know that's frozen Ice Chuncks in the water.


That Start Park is beautiful no matter what the season. I love going there and taking pictures....



I love the flock of geese flying over what a great shot..


Yes thats the frozen Kankakee River.. It looks like snow on rock but its NOT its Frozen Water.


They were enjoying the water, some parts of the river was not frozen, but most that we could see was. 
Their was a lot of geese out there more that I have ever seen.
This is their season I was wondering where they were they are usually at the different ponds in the area where I live..






I always get the picnic bench included and here it is..




Yes that's me, I still look terrified and frozen..
And I was,
 I was probably fighting to put my gloves on.. 



I love big evergreen trees. I take there picture every time I go their.
They are beautiful to me! no matter what the season. I wish I could have gotten them after all the snow we had this past winter, but I dont like to go in the park alone.. And it was just way to riskey driving there also. 
The roads were so slick and dangerous. 
AlsoTo many wierdos sitting in their cars to be there by my self.
 At least in my mind they are..
 Although I have never heard of anything happening out there..


That's Cindy ahead of me Im following her out of the park.
 We are headed to my house to down load the photos.


I love trees with rusty color leaves, I had no Idea all the beauty in nature until I started taking pictures.


Dont be afraid thats me, taking my glove of,
 The selfie was an asccident.. 
 I have to take my glove off in order to fix the camera.
Its hard taking pictures when its so bright you cant see what you are taking..


Thats a pretty fancy looking house out there, what a view they have.









All I have to say is Im glad we went yesterday,
 because its snowing AGAIN today.

Thanks for looking 
I sure hope you enjoyed some of the photos of the record breaking winter in our history, so far!!







Hope you werent to bored so Im adding a recipe since today is Ash Wednesday.

Baked Fish for Ash Wednesday

This simple dish highlights the spicy-sweet sauce made with horseradish, apples and sour cream. These are very typical ingredients in traditional German cuisine.
Serves 4

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 35 minutes

Total Time: 45 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 lb. fresh or thawed sole or flounder filet (with or without skin)
  • 2 T. vinegar or lemon juice
  • 1 T. melted butter
  • 4 T. freshly grated horseradish, or 3-4 T. bottled horseradish or to taste
  • 1 tart apple, grated
  • 3/4 c. sour cream
  • Salt
  • Sugar

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350°.
Butter a casserole dish large enough for the fillet or fillets. Rinse and pat the fish dry. Sprinkle with vinegar and brush the melted butter over the top. Place the fillets in the buttered dish.
Bake fillets for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the rest of the ingredients together, seasoning to taste with the salt and sugar.
Spread the sauce over the fish and bake for another 30 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and sauce is bubbly.
Serving suggestion: Salted potatoes and steamed broccoli or Brussels sprouts.

Until Next Time


Diane Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment