enjoy!

enjoy!

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow..



Good Morning:
This is What Happened Last Night Where I Live.
I will be sharing a few photos.. You knew that..

I don't care how old I am I live in the mid west and when we get our first significant snow I love it. I will admit when it gets super cold and it usually does after, NO I don't like that..  Its always so serene and spectacular to me when we have  freshly fallen snow storm. As I work on this blog its still snowing. My family is going to be making ginger bread houses today something they have been doing for years right befor Christmas if this keeps up I don't know if I will go and join in the fun of it because YES Its always a fun time.. When the grand kids were all very young I would have them over on the weekend a few weeks befor Christmas and we would make Christmas cookies together.. Mind you I worked all week and partied Friday nights with my family, playing guitars singing and having fun.. So you know I was really tired by Saturday, but we made our Christmas Cookies. and I will always remember the fun we had together creating memories..
Here are a couple I took this morning Hope you enjoy them.. 



























Well you get the picture if some are blurry its because,
 it was snowing or I was moving..
Some were taken the other day
  That's the reason it dosen't look like its around my house.



  
Magic Spice Cake


I guess you figured out by now I like sweets..

Original Recipe
Yield
1 - 9 inch round layer cake

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour

1/4 cup cornstarch

1 cup white sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

3/4 teaspoon ground cloves

3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

3/4 cup shortening
I replaced shorting and used butter

1 cup buttermilk 
I used 1/2&1/2 instead of buttermilk

3 eggs

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.

2.Sift together flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, cloves, and cinnamon into a large bowl. Add shortening and buttermilk; beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add eggs, and beat 2 minutes more. Pour batter into prepared pans.

3.Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until done.

Cream Cheese Frosting

1/2 cup butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese. Add the vanilla extract. Slowly beat in the sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowl halfway, until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
SUPER Delicious Cake..
 
Thanks for Looking I hope you enjoyed my photos and recipe.
UNTIL Next Time!!





No comments:

Post a Comment