enjoy!

enjoy!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sharing Photos and Lemon Brownies..

Time for me to post something it's been a few days..
 Ive been busy, washing curtains and windows. Taking advantage of the energy that came over me.. Of course in between cleaning, cooking, baking, driving Bill and I around when Cindy isn't, also watering my beautiful flowers one of my favorite things in the warmer months are my flowers in the ground and in pots.. Also Shopping, Doctor visits and all the normal things that we all do on a every day basis.
Yes Baking
I know I rarely bake any more, I made a recipe yesterday I found called Lemon Brownies and they were super awesome. I gave some to Cindy to take home and they tried  a few while they were over.. I also gave some to my neighbor she is always baking and bringing us goodies. before I left she handed me a cheese cake she made and was going to bring over to us, so I saved her the trip :)..
I also did take a few pictures as well.

I cant wait until this one opens up, because its loaded with blooms..
Time for a Recipe Share

Lemon Brownies



INGREDIENTS
  

Lemon Brownies
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar 300 grams
  • 3 tbsp lemon zest
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter 170 grams
  • 1 cup chopped white chocolate 170 grams
  • 3 large eggs room temperature
  • 3 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 287 grams
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Lemon Glaze
  • 1 cup powdered sugar 125 grams
  • 1-3 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp lemon zest

INSTRUCTIONS
 

Lemon Brownies
  • Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF.
  • Grease and line a 8×8” square pan with parchment paper.
  • Start by adding the sugar and the zest to a bowl. Rub the sugar and the zest between your fingers. When you do that, the crystals in the sugar will help the lemon zest release the natural oils, infusing the sugar with the citrus flavor.
  • Add the chopped white chocolate and the butter to a large mixing bowl. Place in the microwave until the chocolate and butter melt together, for 15 second intervals. Whisk until smooth.
  • Add the lemon sugar to the butter and white chocolate, whisk until combined.
  • Add the eggs and whisk.
  • Next add the lemon juice and mix to combine.
  • Add the flour and salt. Whisk until a smooth batter is formed.
  • Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
  • Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 35 minutes, or until the top of the brownie is set. A toothpick inserted into the brownies should come off with no moist crumbs attached.
  • Let the brownies cool down for about 20 minutes.
Lemon Glaze
  • Place the powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Add the lemon juice in. Start by adding one tablespoon, and add more as needed.
  • Simply pour the glaze on top of the brownies, and spread with a spatula.
  • You can add the lemon zest to the glaze, or sprinkle the zest on top of the glazed brownies.
  • Let the glaze set before slicing and serving, should take about 10 or 15 minutes.
Storage
  • Store the brownies in an airtight container. It can stay in the counter overnight. If storing longer than 2 days, store in the fridge and let it come to room temperature before serving.


I made these Yes I really did..

Thanks For Looking

I hope you seen something you liked.











No comments:

Post a Comment