enjoy!

enjoy!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Irish Soda Bread _ plus even more..

Like many in 2011 and 2012 I lost a lot of my photos in my blog
 I don't have a clue what went wrong.


I know almost two weeks since my last post! Hope to finish this one today.
We have been busy and I don't know where the time goes,  never a dull moment for me.. I sure do keep busy, with Bill and the two dogs. Doctor appointments and the Vet.  were keeping them all rich.. :)
This weekend I will be finishing up with my turn for alter guild YAH!!! for the month of February, so glad its over.. Not that I mind doing it, I don't!! it helps me get Thru February, and its not far to our Church one big plus..  February's nearing the end of winter and the month goes faster when I have a lot going on.
 One thing bad thing about it is its like working and I am retired.. LOL
 Next month I'm the bread baker for the month of March. I also have a turn coming up in March to be the hostess for our Treats after church one Sunday.. Its also My turn this Wednesday to participate in the Wednesday soup suppers. I'm the chair for this weeks supper. I had no problem getting people to bring what ever they wanted, soup, sandwiches, dessert.. I even have a couple of Ladies who want to bring and I wasn't assigned them. So they offered to help with the clean up..  I know some are unable to help out that I was assigned. So Ladies if you read this I thank you for offering to help, I definitely wont turn down help.. When I called everyone on my list the other day I had them all finished and assigned what to bring, it worked out pretty well this year.
 So Far...
We had our taxes done this week! got that over with for this year. Cindy, Bill and I took the ride to Orland so Ricky could do all our taxes, So happy about that! Check..
On the way I took pictures nothing all that great. I searched but nothing impressed me all that much..
It had snowed but we only got a small amount out by us. Not complaining mind you.
I have been working a lot on my Pinterest this week adding some of the photos I took over the years.
My passion I love taking pictures Its a great hobby..
Keeps me from door nob polishing something I was really good at..
I also made two batches of cookies for the soup supper and  Bill and I ate most of them..  I will have to make another batch tomorrow and hide them, so I don't eat them.. I am a HUGH cookie lover.. And Bill never turns down desserts.
Sharing a couple of pictures I took this past week.

Abbie with her new hair cut. She likes her comforts.
 The girls got groomed this week also.. I like to keep every one in business,.



My other special girl with her new DUE dosent she look sweet.
And she is!!





Julie at Beggers Pizza, Megan messed up her hair and she didnt mind..
Actually it put her in a better mood. She was pretty crabby until..:)
We were very happy with the food and will no doubt be going back..


Time to close I hope you seen something you like.
I have a lot to do and this is no way to get my work done.



Mother Nature  Shining on the grass in Winter.





Irish Soda Bread

1/2 cup white sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups raisins
1 tablespoon caraway seeds
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch round cast iron skillet or a 9 inch round baking or cake pan.
In a mixing bowl, combine flour (reserving 1 tablespoon), sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, raisins and caraway seeds. In a small bowl, blend eggs, buttermilk and sour cream. Stir the liquid mixture into flour mixture just until flour is moistened.
Use wooden spoon to mix/knead dough in bowl about 10 to 12 strokes. Dough will be very sticky, similar to a loose cookie dough. Place the dough in the prepared skillet or pan and pat down. Cut a 4″ x 3/4″ inch deep slit in the top of the bread. Dust with reserved flour.
Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 65 to 75 minutes. Let cool and turn bread onto a wire rack.



Thanks for looking.






















No comments:

Post a Comment